Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Between-Semester Book List

So I've told a bunch of people I was going to start reading books again - with my class schedule I don't have time to sit down and read a book. I've actually transitioned to audiobooks, which work great because I can walk to class (about a 15-20 minute walk) and churn out about a chapter each way on the ipod. Plus, when I have to do stuff around the apartment, or anything like that, I can keep the ipod going and multi-task.


So after finals (which is over next Thursday), I'm planning on getting back into books.

Books that I've completed this semester -

1/2 way through Mario Puzo's The Godfather

Ben Mezrich, Bringing Down the House: The Insider's Story of Six M.I.T. Kids who took Vegas for Millions - Good good book, 7.5/10. Basis for the new movie "21"

And that's it for the semester. Not too impressive. So aside from catching up on LOST (I'm still on "Ji Yeon"), here's my book list.




Brandt's Book List for Winter/Summer Semester Break
1. Finish Mario Puzo's The Godfather
2. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Recommended by a friend
3. An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck - my dad loved it, and it's Brother Freaking Glenn - I loved Real America, and listen to his show just about every day, so of course I'll be reading it.




OK, that gives me three books to get through in a week. I'll post reviews after I'm done reading them, and if I have time, I might post a review for Bringing Down the House

No comments: